Monday, September 8, 2008

8 September


More progress today.
The drain lines were removed from her chest, which is a significant improvement to her comfort. Plus she looks a lot better too! She's still on the CPAP, and she looks like she's a scuba diver. For pain control, she's been put on morphine, but this doesn't stop her from opening her eyes and looking around for 30 minutes at a time. This is a big improvement. Before the surgery, she could only stay awake for 5-10 minutes before she got tired and fell asleep.
That's all for now. Next step: get rid of the CPAP.

2 comments:

Emily said...

LINDA!!! I can see a little indent from her thumb on your finger! What a strong little girl! I love hearing the good reports! Keep them coming! Love to All! Em

Mitch & Patty said...

I am just in awe of Audrey's strength, determination and will! She is such an amazing little baby. I saw this picture and it just brought tears to my eyes. I LOVE it! I'm so glad that everything is going SO WELL with her recovery. We're still thinking of you all!! Patty & Mitch