Saturday, September 13, 2008

13 September

Audrey remains on the ventilator today. They are using it as a means to suction her on a regular basis and help her get rid of all the excess "junk" in her lungs. This way, she won't have to work laboriously to cough it up on her own which should help her recovery time. She is breathing mostly on her own and doesn't require any significant amount of oxygen (25% currently). The plan is to leave her on the vent for at least one more day, then hopefully transition directly to a nasal cannula.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEy!!!., Its Chris, Doris's And David's Son :-P...Im over here in Washington State now, no more germany and my dad told me of the situation..:(..just wanted to leave my best wishes..and this lil cutie will def be in my Prayer's,

Best of luck in everything you guys do.May god protect you and your family!......

I love you

-Chris